Feature Pack 1 Extends Customer Experience for Version 7
With the new Feature Pack 1 launch for IBM WebSphere Commerce Version 7, IBM focuses on extending the brand experience to deliver a smarter shopping experience for customers.
New capabilities include:
- Remote widgets – Extend the brand experience by allowing retailers and shoppers to share information, events, wish lists, and more on third-party social networking sites through remote widgets.
- Digital coupons – Allow retailers to manage the promotion and redemption of digital coupons in a Web store and via mobile devices
- Localized Starter Stores – Deliver localized shopping experience using starter stores for China and Brazil.
- Total Cost of Implementation (TCOI) Improvements
- Revised order processing subsystem simplifies and reduces customization effort
- Data load tools now allow for efficient loading of catalog, pricing, and inventory information into WebSphere Commerce workspaces
- Accelerate the design phase with HTML and CSS wire-frame asset that implements complete shopping flows in the Madisons and Elite starter stores
- Automated test scripts, documentation and detailed test cases for out of the box, Web 2.0 starter stores
- Foundational Leadership
- Provides improvements in business user tools for catalog management
- Supports for installment payments and payment-type driven promotions
- Ranking of products to display products ranked by criteria, including best sellers and most viewed
- Browse history to display products viewed earlier
- Supports WebSphere eXtreme Scale (WXS) integration to support large scale high performance caching
- Enables to run WebSphere Commerce with 64-bit WAS
To learn more: